By Eren Mckay
Filed under Kids Birthday Party Ideas
Ideas for Invitations –
• Nascar tickets
• Car shaped
• Wheel shaped
• Checkered flag
• Put up red yellow and blue balloons as an arch and a welcome banner in the entrance way.
•The food table can be decorated with cars and trucks.
Another idea is to use a checkered tablecloth.
You can also create a black cardboard road on the top of tables.
•Another creative thing you can do is name your tables after pit stops. For example: Finger Food Pit Stop, Sweets Pit Stop and Beverages Pit Stop.
• You can create a car shaped cake as the one in the picture to the right using chocolate bars and cookies.
•Other ideas for a cake are putting cars on top. And also making the cake in the shape of the number of the age of the child. Have it as a racing track covered in chocolate.
•A great sweet idea are the Traffic Light Brownies using M&Ms in the green, yellow and red colors to decorate and a popsticle stick at the end.
•Have flag toothpick decorations in food like traffic signs, checkered flags.
• As a variation of pin the tail on the donkey you can pin the wheel on the car. Simply cut out the wheels from a cars poster and have them pin the wheels. An easy solution is to just use scotch tape.
• If the kids are little you can separate a corner in the party with mats and race cars for them to play. You can even draw the roads or tape black cardboard for a roads in the corner.
•Get all the kids together and have them guess which character from the movie you are describing. Whoever gets the right answer will win a small prize. Have them hold up their hands and you call on them before they shout out the answer so that it doesn’t get confusing.
• There are kits that you can get that have wooden cars for kids to paint. This is a simple and fun solution for craft time.
• Have large cars cut out previously on cardboard. The kids can then decorate this card with all sorts of things and make their special card for the birthday child. Afterwords you can take a picture of all the cards spread out on the floor.
• A cute and simple solution for favors are just to get little cars and put them in a goodie bag.
Here are some more pictures of the party I planned for my son:
- Dalmatian 3 year old birthday party costume & toddler party food ideas
- Kids pajama party activities & ideas
- How to decorate kids party balloons